Hawley Liner For Review

John4022

Hi guys, one of my fathers friends found this in a antique shop for a couple bucks. He knows my dad and I collect WWII stuff so he offered it to us for what he paid. I'm not a helmet collector (this is my first US helmet related piece) so I am out of my realm of collecting here, I just wanted to know if everything looked ok on it. I know the chinstrap is broken on one end but other than that it looks to be in good shape to me, but I don't have a clue when it comes to helmet items. Thanks for looking!

post-163178-0-45443500-1568244652_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info and confirmation guys! I saw theres some repros of this liner so I just wanted to be sure. With only 30 bucks in it, it was as a win-win either way. Now begins the hunt of finding a nice helmet and a USMC camo cover to go with it. I think Im off to a good start though for my first helmet piece. Thanks again!

Thanks for the info and confirmation guys! I saw theres some repros of this liner so I just wanted to be sure. With only 30 bucks in it, it was as a win-win either way. Now begins the hunt of finding a nice helmet and a USMC camo cover to go with it. I think Im off to a good start though for my first helmet piece. Thanks again!

I would say! For $30 you should go buy a lottery ticket! As Justin stated, that sweat soaked interior shows use and is just awesome and adds some great character to this super nice liner. Nice pick up, and a home run for your first helmet type pick up for sure.

You need a nice front seam fixed bail with intact od #3 chin straps.

Thats a prized liner at an unbelieveable great price !

Ive seen nice ones go for 6-7 hundred bucks !

Holy cow! Great score !

To give you an idea what they often look like and how great yours is.... Heres mine.

And I was glad to get it !!!

post-181333-0-13454300-1568256181.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Looks like s laundry # inside. Maybe possible to I'd. Depending on the area it was found. Awesome find.

There's 26 entries on the ww2 enlistment records site.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! The chinstrap doesnt really bother me but it is a shame its broken. I tried looking up the Laundry number as Bill suggested, it could be the Kansas entry. If I recall correctly the antique store owner here in Nebraska goes down to Kansas to find items for their inventory. But as always with laundry numbers its just a guess, none of the entries were from Nebraska.

post-163178-0-16139800-1568471452_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Quick update, I bought a nice fixed bail off the forum to put with the Hawley. Now I'm wondering if I should add a nice USMC helmet cover with it (if I could find one). Hope you guys like it!

post-163178-0-61761900-1571358074_thumb.jpg