Named Case XX 337 - 6" Q Knife

freedomguns

I am trying to find out whatever I can about this Case 337Q knife. The sheath is marked and although someone attempted to scrub it off, I think I can make out the writing. It has the initials F.J.G. on the front of the sheath. The back has Francis J. Gleason and I think 31348509. Any help pointing me in the right direction to research the name and number would be appreciated.

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

What city and/or state was the knife obtained from?

Was the knife purchased at an estate sale or through an online auction website?

Also, take another look and see if you can verify the numbers on the back of the sheath. Which numbers are you positive about?

That might help narrow down the search.

Thanks...

Thanks for your reply. The knife was obtained in Nebraska. The previous owner did not give any information about its origin and claimed to have received it in its present condition some time ago. I have looked closely and am positive this is the exact name, "Francis J. Gleason". The number does appear to be 31348509, I am positive about all the numbers except the 8 and 5, those two look a little odd to me.

You're welcome. After searching, I'm fairly convinced that if the number you gave me "31348509" is correct I could not find a match anywhere for a Francis J. Gleason. Although I could not find an exact match to that number, based on what I did find that came closest to that number, the person would've enlisted from the State of Massachusetts. Even so, I've still not been able to find a correlation between that number and a Francis J. Gleason. If you want to continue to find the correct Francis J. Gleason or who that service number belongs to, you might need to contact one of the paid researchers that have been mentioned on the forum, such as Geoff at GoldenArrowResearch.com or one of the others. Good Luck!

I am just becoming aware of all the resources available, thanks to this forum. I have a few other named items. I am going to spend some time researching them, but it is likely that my curiosity will drive me to pursue the history of this knife! Thanks for your time and help.