WWII Philippine Scout Patch Original or not

redone

44th Infantry Regiment (PS)

The 44th was actually a "New Scout" regiment, formed in 1946 and sent to Okinawa until its disbandment in 1948. Shortly before its inactivation, the regiment approved an ordered an insignia consisting of a gold-bordered red oval. Although manufactured, the distinctive insignia was never worn because it arrived too late. However, shoulder patches based on this design were made in the Far East and worn.

pat from worldwarpatches has one for sale for $425 so that is the high end of value. He has had it listed for well over a year and no takers. Or maybe he has multiple.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Rare-US-Army-44th-Infantry-Regiment-Philippine-Scouts-Patch-Inv-H689/352779316321?hash=item5223492c61:g:3WYAAOSwFXddcacO

They are rare. And also rare in the sense that if you had one you would not know that it is military.

I think one comes up on ebay every few years in the WWII section but I bet most of them are sold in groups of patches in hidden categories.

What is it worth? Put it on eBay at auction starting at $.99 for 7 days and I will let you know in 8 days it's value!