2 Days in Normandy: Where to Go?

james127

I'm going to be in France this coming February and will have a chance to spend 2 days in Normandy. Of course, I'll be going to the beaches and the American Cemetery, but for those who have spent some time there, I was wondering what you'd recommend as the best museum to visit if I could only do one. Or if there's anything else in the area that I should hit while I'm there. I'm planning on shooting a bunch of video as well to use in my history class.

Thanks!

Maisy Battery at Grandcamp Maisy. They are not officially open in Februari but maybe an arrangement can be made (see link)

https://www.maisybattery.com/visit-us/opening-times/

The little church at Angoville-au-Plain is worthwhile especially if you know what happened there in 1944.

Rene

Holy smokes. The Maisy Battery looks really cool. I may try and check out that church too. Thanks!

Two days...it's short! After the American Cimetery you should make a stop at "la Pointe du Hoc", it's only a few miles away. I would also advise you the D-Day Experience. It's a fantastic museum with a lot of identified groups, some amazing displays and the C-47 simulator is great.

All the best.

Will.

Two days...it's short! After the American Cimetery you should make a stop at "la Pointe du Hoc", it's only a few miles away. I would also advise you the D-Day Experience. It's a fantastic museum with a lot of identified groups, some amazing displays and the C-47 simulator is great.

All the best.

Will.

I know. It's almost criminal that I don't have more time. Definitely planning on hitting Pointe du Hoc and the American Cemetery while I am there. I'll look into the D-Day Experience though. Thanks!

Simon Lerenfort

Two days is not enough sadly. But if it is a once in a lifetime visit then perhaps a visit to Bayeux to see the famous tapestry?

La Cambe, German military cemetery.