YOUR OPINION for USMC helmet cover

Sergesquadron

Hello,

thank you for all your answers, so a reproduction, I will have to be reimbursed. the seller in europe sold me 450 very expensive for a reproduction.

thank you again for your answers.

Serge

I hope you get your money back

Dean,

I didn't say it was exactly like it, it has the color variations seen on genuine camouflage HBT material from WWII. The type seen on one-piece camo suits and the two-piece US camo uniforms. Sometimes the dyes came out as a softer brown than the predominant "chocolate" color brown usually seen. I only suggested that an in-person examination might be warranted,

By the way, is not the stitching on the brown-side seam, chain stitching, as it should be? It appears to me it is from the photographs. The edge stitching along the brown-side also has the saw-tooth appearance commonly seen on original pieces. Everyone points to the stitching on the example shown, but it appears similar to genuine examples observed, in my opinion.

One of the reasons I don't post often on this forum is the lack of discussion when someone questions one of the frequent posters opinions. I have no interest in debating whether the piece is a fake or not. If it is, it is a good one. I was merely pointing out that the owner might want an in-person inspection from someone knowledgeable in US camouflage, not take the word of someone that doesn't have the item in hand.

It took the first photo for me to know it was fake, and yes the brown side is the problem. The more people like myself that point the finer details out in a thread, the better they get at it.

Like Pegasus has stated, they are getting better, but putting it out on yet another thread on these covers will only help them.

If you would like to please Pm me and I can tell you in great detail the problems with this piece, Im

More than happy to help any collector. What Im not going to do is help them, the scammers and fakers.

This is a great community of people on here, and the reason for some of the cagey replies with little info on why IS due to the fakers efforts to turn a quick buck off of our knowledge and hard work buying and studying originals.

Yours

Dean