WWII Ration Display

thanks, guys

i went all in on wanting to finish this one display. took me about 3 months to source it all, 70% or so of it from right here.

i'm calling it "done" but i know i'll screw with it more, just wondered if there was a glaringly obvious something that i hadn't included or that ought to be displayed as well. with the limited space i had i tried to display everything there was to display, from individual contents to inner and outer boxes to how components were packaged.

4 of the 8 k rats are unopened, 3 came to me opened and i opened up the first k rat i got. 2 of the unopened have bug holes and feel very light so i'm afraid to open them to find the contents trashed, 2 seem perfectly preserved and are heavy, i don't want to open those because of that! so i guess i'll switch to just passively looking for new or better additions to it from here on in

• 4 weeks later...

i can't keep myself from screwing with this one display. i'm always tweaking what i have and always pissed that i don't have more to display.

so if you've got whole k rats or just individual pieces to sell, please let me know!

IMG_4395_JPG-1112779.jpg

is there anything obviously missing that i ought to add? other suggestions?

IMG_4313_JPG-1081249.jpg

To bring it full circle how about some toiletpaper? ;)

Rene

Never give in - never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.

Churchill

Keep buggering on.

To bring it full circle how about some toiletpaper? ;)

Rene

you wink but that's just exactly the kinds of things i'm looking for

there's a "roll" in the unopened accessory pack on the left but i'm afraid to open it as bugs got into it and it may be better displayed whole

both the other unopened packs i've picked up have the same items i've already got displayed so they're better left whole as well

you know those 2 rations I said were very light and I was afraid to open them? well I broke out a 6 pack of sol and opened them.

one was just fine, picked up a few things for the display. the other, I don't know what the hell happened to it but it looks like the corned pork loaf exploded and caused a mold outbreak. complete loss.

• 1 month later...

so, anybody got any ration goodies they want to move? i keep looking for a milky way or a mars for the display and i always come up with something else

k rations, c rations, survival rations, it doesn't matter, i'm a ration slut

IMG_4536_JPG-1168135.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...