I Co. 3rd Battalion 7th Marines Peleliu Okinawa

muddyboots

I'm very happy to add this tag to my collection. It belonged to a Vet that was in I Co. 3rd Battalion 7th Marines at Peleliu and Okinawa where he was wounded. He was first with Rear Echelon, Headquarters And Service Battalion, First Marine Amphibious Corps in early 1944 and then around April he moved to Rear Echelon, Headquarters And Service Battalion, Third Amphibious Corps. And in July he moved to I Co. 3rd Battalion 7th Marines where he practiced for the assault on Peleliu. At Peleliu he landed on Orange 3 where as the were working there way in they ran into a block house that wasnt destroyed in the naval shelling and bombardment . After settling the area they eventually were moved to the Umurbrogol Pocket where they spent the rest of there time trying too close the pocket. In April 1945 he was in the landings at Okinawa where he was wounded on May 10th. I believe he was wounded on I'm very happy to add this tag to my collection. It belonged to a Vet that was in I Co. 3rd Battalion 7th Marines at Peleliu and Okinawa where he was wounded. He was first with Rear Echelon, Headquarters And Service Battalion, First Marine Amphibious Corps in early 1944 and then around April he moved to Rear Echelon, Headquarters And Service Battalion, Third Amphibious Corps. And in July he moved to I Co. 3rd Battalion 7th Marines where he practiced for the assault on Peleliu. At Peleliu he landed on Orange 3 where as the were working there way in they ran into a block house that wasnt destroyed in the naval shelling and bombardment . After settling the area they eventually were moved to the Umurbrogol Pocket where they spent the rest of there time trying too close the pocket. In April 1945 he was in the landings at Okinawa where he was wounded on May 10th. Dakeshi Ridge is most likely where he was wounded and was moved out of Okinawa by the 11th of May.

post-24366-0-04439100-1567806216_thumb.jpeg

I was looking at the MOS # and during the battle for Peleliu he was (745 Rifleman) and at the battle of Okinawa the MOS was shifted to 737. I was looking at a MOS guide and there is nothing for 737. The only thing I see is in the January 1945 Muster Roll he is still 745 Rifleman with the following of (temporary warrant). I looked around the web and seen a site that says 737 is a Fire Team / Rifle Squad Leader (1945). Is that correct.