WW1 "Foggione" Pilot, Allen Bevin

Belleauwood

Not sure what to say except I do not think you can find this information nor the quality of the items posted any place on the internet or in any museum!! I want to Thank Dennis for posting this and encourage others to post their thoughts. Money cannot buy the education you are receiving here at the USMF and it is free!

John

Well, I must say that I'm a bit overwhelmed with this last series of comments. First and foremost - thank you - It was with some trepidation that began posting on this forum in the first place. As a lot of you know by now, I'm a closet WW1 USMC collector. After seeing some fantastic posts from bobgee, teufelhunde.ret, Jeremiah, usmcaviator, and a host of others, I wasn't sure how my collection would be received. I have been pleased to see that some of my items have passed muster with folks that I have developed a respect and admiration for. I have also learned a tremendous amount on a wide variety of military artifacts from ALL who post on the forum.

In any public forum, you have those that claim to be experts, those that claim to have the best examples, and those that try to impose their will on others. I claim to be none of these and have not seen much of that posturing demonstrated here on this forum. It is truly a place to come and see great items from all eras and get a great education to boot. It is also a great place to validate a newly acquired item and get feedback from your peers.

At the end of the day, this is just stuff. We aren't taking any of our stuff with us when we have "gone west". My passion is to put things back together again (except my ex wife) and learn about the history of the man and his life. To that end, it's been a blast and I have had a few successes. I hope that this forum can keep the identity of an open and comfortable place to have spirited discussion and everyone still remain civil as well as a place for all to contribute on all levels.

I'm good for about 300 words in any conversation; after that I vapor-lock. Again, many thanks. - Time for an Ale!

HOWEVER, when I "Go West", I WILL be taking my Marine Aviator with me.!!

HOWEVER, when I "Go West", I WILL be taking my Marine Aviator with me.!!

Dennis I will be happy to assist. You see since I am out West I would be more than happy to display your Marine Aviator along with any other groups you care to bring with you! thumbsup.gif

John

Dennis,

I have 3 groupings to the Italian group. 1 has wings and documents etc, the others are photo groupings. I will try to post some photo's in the near future. Paul

I'd love to see more Foggia groups. Please post yours.

At the risk od fiverting the thread - though I suspect that 's impossible given the REAL content - Bevin's memorabilia - here's one more from the Princeton school. Bonham Bostick is ID'd in the first crash photo. This is another shot taken by Orren Jack Turner printed from the original glass plate negavtive.

post-4331-1231353009.jpg

• 1 year later...
dhcoleterracina

Items are in wonderful condition. It seems that the WW1 groups can be more complete due to everything being "trunked" and put away. I don't see this as much with WW2 groups. Makes me wonder how much more might be out there waiting to be discovered.

I haven't been commenting on every group you posted so let me say this, thank you for doing a better job than most museums and for reaching more viewers [that appreciate and know what they are viewing] than most museums. If I should ever win the lottery...Dexter

• 2 weeks later...

>This is a photo of Lt. Bevin that was taken in England and remained unidentified in the Imperial War Museum until seen by one of Bevin's fellow pilots 50 years later who notified Bevin. - Lt. Bevin certainly has "aged" from his time at Princeton.<

Not sure if anyone is interested, but saw that Lt Bevins WWI flight suit is up for auction on Proxibid...

post-9934-1265868121.jpg

Not sure if anyone is interested, but saw that Lt Bevins WWI flight suit is up for auction on Proxibid...here's his name.

Thanks for the tip!! - Now part of Lt. Bevin's group in the Belleauwood museum!!

Thanks again,

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
wwIIfighterpilots

Amazing grouping. Congrats. Really enjoyed looking at everything. I am awed by this one. Thanks for sharing.

• 4 years later...