WWI or pre-WWII Signal Corps machete ?

Vertol

Good afternoon,

I have this Signal Corps machete (Brush-Cutting Knife) I think to be the original LC-14, with Signal Corps scabbard and no. 37 Collins blade (without SCUSA mark).

I understand it is pre-WWII but is it also WWI era ?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Vertol

190901070453756931.jpg

190901070453102186.jpg

190901070453252198.jpg

19090107045410881.jpg

190901070453508562.jpg

Vertol- I have one of these, unfortunately no scabbard. The SCUSA (Signal Corps US Army) will be on the opposite side(right) of the blade from the Collins stamps, and # 37 just in front of the handle. If not, I still believe you have a legit SC machete due to the scabbard marks. These are great blades! I have the model #127 which is stamped w/ USED (US Engineer Dept), & scabbard, plus the model #128, not military marked w/ scabbard. These are great blades, an I'm amazed at how well the leather handles have held up over time. THX for showing. SKIP Picture is of my #127.

Collins 127 001.jpg

Excuse me, but something is terribly wrong in the world right now. I see an attached image in one of Skip's post. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Won't be able to see a doctor before Tuesday at the earliest. Not sure I can trust myself to drive in the meantime. :wacko:

Everyone have a good holiday.

LOL! Occasionally, I have a file photo of one of my blades, usually taken by someone else. No I have yet to invest in a photographic instrument compatible w/ my computer skills. SKIP

LOL! Occasionally, I have a file photo of one of my blades, usually taken by someone else. No I have yet to invest in a photographic instrument compatible w/ my computer skills. SKIP

Well...I thought I had be beamed to an alternate universe...where Skip was posting pictures :lol: ... Sorry Skip couldn't resist busting you a bit.

Thank you for your answer and the honor of a picture :) I've never seen a US Eng. machete except the no. 1005, how does the scabbard look like ?

There is no marking on the opposite side of the blade.

Do you know if it has been used during WWI ?