Sign in to follow this  
Marauder

Philippine Constabulary Shot Gun Belt

I collected just P.I. items for several years at one time , BUT I never had a chance to get one of these , a Rare belt . And to make it even more exotic is for 12 gauge shotgun . I have never seen this buckle made of high content copper alloy , EVER ! Anyone have any thoughts as afr as time frame ?post-251832-0-33922800-1567294085_thumb.jpg

These belts are neat, I had an identical one a couple years ago, but with .30 cal loops for a Krag or Springfield. Sold it to a Philippine Constabulary collector though as it didnt quite fit my collection at the time..

I havent researched the era of these belts, but being it is in the same design as the 1910 US Army garrison belt (with U.S. buckle, same style) these PC belts were likely worn beginning in the 1910s.

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

Looking for: Washington and Oregon Coast Artillery items

Any items related to the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River and the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, 1860s-WWII. This includes items from Fort Stevens, OR; Ft Canby, WA; Ft Columbia, WA; Ft Worden, WA; Ft Casey, WA; Ft Flagler, WA; Ft Ward, WA; Ft Whitman, WA; Camp Hayden, WA; and the following units that served at these forts:
Columbia River: 33rd, 34th, 93rd, and 160th Companies, CAC; and 18th and 249th Coast Artillery regiments
Puget Sound: 26th, 30th, 62nd, 63rd, 71st, 85th, 92nd, 94th, 106th, 108th, 126th, 149th, and 150th Companies, CAC; and 14th and 248th Coast Artillery regiments

Coast Defense Study Group member & site representative for the Columbia River forts

ASMIC member

I agree with agate hunter. A very nice belt made in the proper leather for this style of belt.

"You can't please everyone so you have got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Full belt picture .

send me your E mail to: rwnvault@aol.com and I will send you an article I wrote about all the types of PC Belts.

Ron Norman

These belts are neat, I had an identical one a couple years ago, but with .30 cal loops for a Krag or Springfield. Sold it to a Philippine Constabulary collector though as it didnt quite fit my collection at the time..

I havent researched the era of these belts, but being it is in the same design as the 1910 US Army garrison belt (with U.S. buckle, same style) these PC belts were likely worn beginning in the 1910s.

Actually, the PC belt like the one shown was part of the 1901 - 1902 Hartley / Graham Contracts and supersede the US 1910 Garrison belt by 8 to 9 years

Ron Norman

Beautiful belt, I cant imagine there are a ton of these floating around. Constabulary stuff like this is tough to find

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

After downloading your picture and examining it , I would say that you have one of the UN ALTERED original contract belt and buckle made for the shotgun cartridges. No one knows for sure but a very large percentage of them, using the same leather were re stiched for other caliber cartridges at the Arsenal in Manila. Most when examined show where the original stiching was by the holes left in the leather.

Ron Norman

NO EXPERT . AFAIK the issue US shotgun even at the late era would have been the Trapdoor "Forager" . Do the original loops,correspond with the Forager caliber ?? Very nice, rare item