Philippine Constabulary Shot Gun Belt

I collected just P.I. items for several years at one time , BUT I never had a chance to get one of these , a Rare belt . And to make it even more exotic is for 12 gauge shotgun . I have never seen this buckle made of high content copper alloy , EVER ! Anyone have any thoughts as afr as time frame ?post-251832-0-33922800-1567294085_thumb.jpg

These belts are neat, I had an identical one a couple years ago, but with .30 cal loops for a Krag or Springfield. Sold it to a Philippine Constabulary collector though as it didnt quite fit my collection at the time..

I havent researched the era of these belts, but being it is in the same design as the 1910 US Army garrison belt (with U.S. buckle, same style) these PC belts were likely worn beginning in the 1910s.

• 4 weeks later...

These belts are neat, I had an identical one a couple years ago, but with .30 cal loops for a Krag or Springfield. Sold it to a Philippine Constabulary collector though as it didnt quite fit my collection at the time..

I havent researched the era of these belts, but being it is in the same design as the 1910 US Army garrison belt (with U.S. buckle, same style) these PC belts were likely worn beginning in the 1910s.

Actually, the PC belt like the one shown was part of the 1901 - 1902 Hartley / Graham Contracts and supersede the US 1910 Garrison belt by 8 to 9 years

Ron Norman

After downloading your picture and examining it , I would say that you have one of the UN ALTERED original contract belt and buckle made for the shotgun cartridges. No one knows for sure but a very large percentage of them, using the same leather were re stiched for other caliber cartridges at the Arsenal in Manila. Most when examined show where the original stiching was by the holes left in the leather.

Ron Norman

SGT CHIP SAUNDERS

NO EXPERT . AFAIK the issue US shotgun even at the late era would have been the Trapdoor "Forager" . Do the original loops,correspond with the Forager caliber ?? Very nice, rare item