Kill Bill .......................

Fantastic .

Kill Adolf ..................

Gets my vote 100%

The Dirty Dozen

Super ............

Where Eagles Dare

Awsome ......................

QT will make the Crap the King of Scientoligy just did look like Hansel and Grettell.

This will be a great movie date for me and my girl in Hollywood .

owen

Saw the trailer the other day and I cringed. This one's gonna be a complete train wreck.
Well, it sure isn't going to be more accurate than "Saving Private Ryan," but think of movies such as "Kelly's Heroes," "1941," or "The Dirty Dozen" and how well they were received by the public (well, maybe not "1941," but you get the idea) and collectors in general as good fun movies. I'd think of this film in that context. The only difference now is that the vets are older, we're holding them to some lofty, almost-godlike grandeur where you can't make a movie that doesn't exalt their awesomeness.

Cobrahistorian
Well, it sure isn't going to be more accurate than "Saving Private Ryan," but think of movies such as "Kelly's Heroes," "1941," or "The Dirty Dozen" and how well they were received by the public (well, maybe not "1941," but you get the idea) and collectors in general as good fun movies. I'd think of this film in that context. The only difference now is that the vets are older, we're holding them to some lofty, almost-godlike grandeur where you can't make a movie that doesn't exalt their awesomeness.

I think it just irked me that Brad Pitt is a First Special Service Force LIEUTENANT putting together a team for this 'special mission'. That'd be like me leading some secret attack helicopter mission deep behind enemy lines... Just wouldn't happen. I have issues suspending disbelief sometimes, that's all...

Personally I think 1941 is absolutely fabulous......!!! And at least the uniforms and equipment look period...
I like the movie as well, but it was not very well received by critics and didn't do as well at the box office as Spielberg's earlier films and was considered at the time be his first "flop": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1941_(film)#Reception

• 2 weeks later...

As Frankie goes to Hollywood says Relax .

This is going to a silly movie that kills lots of Nazies just like a comic book for kids .

And lets face it we are all kids here !!!!

owen

Klorvin Borno

I like most of the Tarantino movies...I'll still cringe when someone mentions the "ear scene" in Reservoir Dogs, however I too have believability issues with Brad Pitt, so I guess I'm joining you in the "getting over it" corner!!

101combatvet

Of course Brad couldn't have been a member of Merrell’s Marauders and allowed a Japanese guy have his head pulverized by a baseball bat.... because that would be racist. Starting to really hate Hollywood more and more.

Is it just me, or does this look like one of the stupidest things ever seen in one's life, to anybody else aswell? I watched the trailer, and all i can say is.........well.......nothing........speechless. Who on earth gives people money to make these ridiculous things? What's with the storyline, and the script, and why on earth is brad pitt talking like an absolute idiot? The whole thing just seems absurd, and not in the good tarantino way (there is such a thing?) But really, what a mess, what an absolute mess. I'm all for a little light hearted entertainment, but seriously, that just ain't right

Time for a little leson in English Cockney rhyme slang .

I am going up the apples and pears .

This means I am walking up the stairs !

That is Horse and trap .

That is crap .!

I am Lee Marvin .

I am starving for food .

This movie may be Brad Pitt .

Work this one out for yourself .

owen

gliderflyboy

I don't think anyone in their right minds would think this was accurate, even those that know nothing about the circumstances in WWII. It's just silly entertainment.

Of course Brad couldn't have been a member of Merrell’s Marauders and allowed a Japanese guy have his head pulverized by a baseball bat.... because that would be racist. Starting to really hate Hollywood more and more.

Huh? How does that even enter into the conversation?

This movie is a Tarantino pastiche of 1960s Italian WWII movies. The Dirty Dozen was so popular in Italy that it spawned dozens (maybe hundreds) of imitations of varying quality, including one starring Fred Williamson which was released in the US as The Inglorious Bastards. Most of these films revolved around small bands of 'commandos' or rogue soldiers or sometimes even refugee children on super-secret missions or a heist or just general partisan-type mucking about. Since they were filmed in Europe with European actors, they were set in the ETO. That's why it's a German getting his head bashed in, not any touchiness about racism.

It's not intended to be an over-serious hagiographic WWII movie any more than For A Few Dollars More or Django were intended to be serious representations of the old West. It's not SPR or BoB, it's Force 10 From Navarone.

Klorvin Borno
Time for a little leson in English Cockney rhyme slang .

I am going up the apples and pears .

This means I am walking up the stairs !

That is Horse and trap .

That is crap .!

I am Lee Marvin .

I am starving for food .

This movie may be Brad Pitt .

Work this one out for yourself .

owen

I think something is getting lost in the translation.

Brad Pitt, rhymes with something that dogs do on the pavement and careless owners do not pick up because they forgot to bring a plastic bag with them .

The man behind Bennie Button is no Shakesperian actor ,true , but his misus is alright .

owen .

My girlfriend and I, when we watch trailers in the theater, we rate them by thumbs up to see it, thumbs on the side as maybe, and thumbs down. We both gave it a thumbdown.gif . I think what I need to say about the movie has already been reflected in this topic. But I will probably watch it though...

... when it comes out for free on TV.

~Rabbit