WWII Army Navy AN M-8 Aircraft flare signal pistol

Bob Hudson

Kat,

look around for a clever person who can do 3D printing.They may be able to come up with something close.

We have had a few parts made but try hard to make everything ourselves to save money. You would be amazed at the quality of work done by our volunteers! I am trying to find out as much info as I can so we can try to make the mount look as authentic as possible.

Thanks so much for your help, Kat

• 4 years later...
On 10/29/2019 at 4:40 PM, cutiger83 said:

I was wondering if anyone has a flare gun with the port? I was hoping to ask the owner a couple of questions. If anyone has one and would be willing to send me some detailed pictures, can you please send me a PM?

Thanks in advance, Kat

I just found the two piece set at the quarterly militaria show in Mt. Dora, FL. The gun is very rough, but the M1 mount is in very good condition. Had to buy both parts to get the M1 mount, but that’s the way it goes. First pic is as found, second is my display.

IMG_6076.jpeg

IMG_6103.jpeg

Kat, if you haven’t been to Renninger’s for the shows, I highly recommend doing so. I live up by Gainesville and the 2+ hour drive is worth it. You can Pm me and I’ll get you the dates.