New Guy from St Joe Mo

An Old 82C

Hi everyone.. I served 1971 to 1992 Active Army. Was medically retired after Desert Storm. Bad back. Now I maintain a Facebook page called US Army Unit Crests and am always looking to add crests not listed.. Most the time, I'm needing help to ID the ones I can't find.. I now have over 10,000 and trying to find some better pics for some of the ones I have before I go to print. Thanks for having me on the forum and I promise not to break any rules.. HOORAH !!

Gerradtgrant

Hi everyone.. I served 1971 to 1992 Active Army. Was medically retired after Desert Storm. Bad back. Now I maintain a Facebook page called US Army Unit Crests and am always looking to add crests not listed.. Most the time, I'm needing help to ID the ones I can't find.. I now have over 10,000 and trying to find some better pics for some of the ones I have before I go to print.  Thanks for having me on the forum and I promise not to break any rules..   HOORAH !!

Pleasure to have you sir. I live in Holt MO but work in St Joe. You will really love the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to reading lots and lots.. So far... I have gotten lost in the forums twice. LOL. So much information... so many posts.. I will enjoy myself.

Welcome to the forum, Old 82C.

:excl: You are off to a bad start though, I'm sad to say. You've already broken a basic rule. :unsure: HOOAH!! is the Army response, with its beginnings rooted deep in the 2nd Seminole War at a meeting with Chief Coacoochee and the Second Regiment of Dragoons in 1841.

Taking into consideration your long and honorable service to this great country of ours, push-ups will not be required at this time. ;)

• 1 month later...

Thank you everyone for welcoming me.. I have a Facebook page on US Army Unit Crests, if anyone would like to check it out.. https://www.facebook.com/usarmyunitcrests/

Currently, there are over 10,000 crests listed and I just posted a listing of crests that the Institute of Heraldry had on their site before shutting down..

Welcome to the forum, Old 82C.

:excl: You are off to a bad start though, I'm sad to say. You've already broken a basic rule. :unsure: HOOAH!! is the Army response, with its beginnings rooted deep in the 2nd Seminole War at a meeting with Chief Coacoochee and the Second Regiment of Dragoons in 1841.

Taking into consideration your long and honorable service to this great country of ours, push-ups will not be required at this time. ;)

You're right.. Must be this age thing I got.Heard it's going around, you be careful out there. I dropped and did 20 for my error.. HOOAH!!

Welcome aboard.

If you are a DI collector, hopefully you have also discovered ASMIC.org , the grandfather of all military collecting organisations.

I believe their convention is returning to Kansas City sometime in the next two years.

You're right.. Must be this age thing I got.Heard it's going around, you be careful out there. I dropped and did 20 for my error.. HOOAH!!

Much appreciated. Would love to check out your collection on Facebook, but unfortunately I've been banned from there for life because I posted this photo of our current 2d Cavalry Association president.

post-63795-0-22870100-1570984558_thumb.jpg

Much appreciated. Would love to check out your collection on Facebook, but unfortunately I've been banned from there for life because I posted this photo of our current 2d Cavalry Association president.

Feel free to start a separate thread to explain that one

Feel free to start a separate thread to explain that one

I appreciate the offer. I don't want to muck up the great forum you folks have here with FB politics. If you're curious though, I can PM details.

I appreciate the offer. I don't want to muck up the great forum you folks have here with FB politics. If you're curious though, I can PM details.

You might get some takers on that. And perhaps it is just as well to leave it off the public side of this Forum.

Welcome to the forum. I live north of Kansas City and I collect just Quartermaster Corps items. Funny though, the one thing I don't collect is DI's. So, no competition! Good luck in your hunt.