CIB comparison US issue and surplus store

gophergrove

This sort of an FYI and opinion post.

The top is one I received 2 weeks ago from US Army TACOM as replacement for my father's awards. The bottom is obviously from a store. The reason there are two is because I will make two shadow boxes. One for my shop with just the CIB, ribbon rack, 1st Lt. bar and his name and dates of service. The second will be in the house with his full size medals and shoulder patches, rank, etc.

Aesthetically, I like the one from the surplus store better. I might just get another one to replace the one from TACOM.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

post-215110-0-85598700-1567026676.jpg

The one from the surplus store may be of some vintage, a photo of the back will tell us more.

The back of surplus store badge. Looks like repro, right???

post-215110-0-44431400-1567045516.jpg

Personally I'd buy original ones vintage to your dad's service time. When you can get WWII era in Sterling on Ebay every

day for under $30 shipped, no reason to buy a new copy. In my mind at least. (Of course I love CIB's anyway so that's a no brainer to me ha...)

I was selling duplicates I had that were mounted on issue cards sealed in plastic dated 1991..had a 100+ of them at one time.Sold them 3/$20

Personally I'd buy original ones vintage to your dad's service time. When you can get WWII era in Sterling on Ebay every

day for under $30 shipped, no reason to buy a new copy. In my mind at least. (Of course I love CIB's anyway so that's a no brainer to me ha...)

+1

I'm going with the better looking repro. If I went with vintage, I would need vintage for everything. Unfortunately, after I die you younger guys will probably see the shadow box I build on Ebay. Sad but the kids just dont care as much as I do.