Un-Quality carbine receiver

Pointedcuffs

Pointedcuffs

Hello all,

I am negotiating a possible deal on an Un-Quality carbine. Is anyone familiar with the number 3 stamp in a circle on the back lip of the receiver?

post-1237-0-99532400-1566954563_thumb.jpg

Pointedcuffs

I'm not sure, it looks like a 3 in the pic. Did they stamp them there with a B? I have never seen a stamp there. It has an underwood 44 barrel. What is the value on these now?

I believe underwood made some receivers for quality hardware and were stamped this way. Union Switch and Signal didn’t make the M1 carbine they did however make the 1911A1 pistol

Un-Quality receiver is obviously unusual compared to all other manufacturers. More so than IP? Kinda like G41-M vs. AC G41-W. G41W is more scarce, but G41M demands more. I think your value will be dependent on original WW2 factory aspects of the carbine. Lots more pics would help. Still, a very nice receiver, and it appears to have it's original WW2 sight to me. Don't think UnQuality ever had adjustable rear sights

Pointedcuffs

I believe underwood made some receivers for quality hardware and were stamped this way. Union Switch and Signal didn’t make the M1 carbine they did however make the 1911A1 pistol

"The production of 28,949 receivers used by Quality Hardware wa subcontracted to Union Switch & signal. The subcontractor code assigned to union switch & signal was UN. In a rare play with manufactures markings, Union Switch & Signal placed the manufacturer name UN_QUALITY on the receivers, then sent them to Quality Hardware." Quoted from uscarbinecal30.com

The last Un-Quality I saw sell, went for $4500, plus a 20% internet premium. Yep......................................you guessed it RIA sold it. :rolleyes: