Mp 15th army helmet ww2

shifty5580

Hello Guys,

here is a new discovery, coming from Belgium. It's a nice fixed bail with 15th army and Mp painted on the shell. The marking is really uncommon, I dont find any pictures with the same army marking.

The liner is a westinghouse with MP marking too

post-135673-0-02158900-1566835889_thumb.jpg

post-135673-0-83972500-1566835903_thumb.jpg

Here you go shifty, an MP of the 15th Army probably the fall of 1945 with the exact same helmet.

(Photo from William and Kurt Keller's United States Army Shoulder Patches and Related Insignia from World War I to Korea: Volume 3: Army Groups, Armies and Corps).

post-34986-0-64973800-1566869566_thumb.jpg

Thanks a for your comments, and a big thank you for the picture! It's really the same helmet, great!

Bertrand

Well not exactly the same helmet for sure, just shows this unknown 15th Army Military Police unit, could be of either a Battalion or a Company, did indeed wear this type of helmet shell. It could also be variations among the other MP units in 15th Army, but that has to be seen. Nevertheless, your Pot is good to go, a great find.

Cool helmet! I've seen the period photo before but never that clearly or with the insignia/unit identified. Great thread!

Tom