Army trouser web belts

hawkdriver

Captainofthe7th

I can't pin point it for you, but they were black in Vietnam and green in Korea. I would say the color changed when they introduced the new 4 pocket green Class A uniforms.

Rob

I can't pin point it for you, but they were black in Vietnam and green in Korea. I would say the color changed when they introduced the new 4 pocket green Class A uniforms.

Rob

I agree with Rob. It was about 1954 that the greens were introduced.

That is exactly what I was looking for. I just got a slew of belts for my uniform displays and was needing to know when the color changed over, so green/khaki for Korea, black for Vietnam and later. Thanks for the input.

El Bibliotecario

I agree--the OG107 green service uniform was adapted in 54, but not issued until Jul 57. This is as per Stanton's UNIFORMS OF THE COLD WAR, p. 67. I know from personal experience the black belt was standard--at least for CL A uniform--until 1990.

I know that the black cotton web belts were used for utility uniforms up until OIF, that is when we went to the black rigger style belts. Then in 2004, the belts went to tan nylon rigger style belts. We still use the black cotton web belts for dress uniforms.

Thanks for all the info guys.