Graffitied South Vietnamese Airborne Helmet

AnDuc49

As Owen says, also SVN Marines used this kind of covers and...any kind of bands...here one well know pic.

Yes, a very famous photo. I believe it may have been the 2nd or 3rd Batt. that received the ERDL uniforms and covers, but as far as I know, it was limited to them

Here's a B&W Photo of the same battalion in August of 1972 during the fighting to recapture Quang Tri

post-154926-0-59128800-1566482636_thumb.jpg

With Vietnam collecting Never say something is limited to a particular unit.

A broad sweeping statement like that always will be proven wrong.

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats something I would consider as a true combat used ARVN helmet, a museum piece! and also looks fully intact with the cover moulded in place since the VN war.

congratulations on this fine addition to your collection!

The writing on this helmet is all over the place.

The cities and the 10 don not make any sense.

I personally think its a aged up cover on a helmet.

owen

Thats one thing wrong with it.........

Not a fan of the "find" story either.....

All very convenient.

A bunch of these covers were found several years ago....then a few began to pop up with graffiti at shows......uuuuuum.

I am a fan of helmet covers with writing just NOT this one found in a vietnamese house where its very ownership after 1975 would have landed you squarely in a reeducation CAMP for several years.

One reason Original militaria coming out of Vietnam is rare......

This discussion actually belongs on our World Militaria Forum. If you have not done so already, please sign onto it at www.worldmilitariaforum.com .

As this is strictly an ARVN item, not worn by a US adviser or serviceman, it is outside the purview of this Forum.

This thread is closed to further comment.