Trunk grouping w/ theatre mine sweeper patch

beerdragon54

beerdragon54

I just opened this trunk grouping that a picker found and the it was all boring clothing except for this baby. I was super excited. I wonder where it was made?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a bizarre combination of things, not only a theater made minesweeper patch, but someone who I presume left the Navy and joined the constabulary in Germany postwar. Quite an interesting setup and some fantastic patches. Is it IDd?

Ive seen this before my father has one In his collection to a guy who served on wake island with the marines and transferred to the constabulary Force in 1946.

beerdragon54

Everything else in the trunk belonged to the name on the trunk who was born in April 1927 and most everything was dated 1950-1953. This was not his the best I can tell. I had to get back to work but will check later. The combination had me speechless too.

Salvage Sailor

Interesting ribbons too.

American Campaign and one Pacific Campaign (possibly USN Minesweeper forces) with Occupation Ribbon (Japan) and also an Occupation Ribbon (Germany) which would go with the Army & Constabulary connection. A late war USN campaign is almost always for Okinawa.. The Minesweepers were kept in Japanese and Korean waters well into 1946 to clear the minefields in those seas.

I've seen other Occupation ribbons arranged this way, i.e., red side left (Japan), black side left (Germany).

Love this! Reversed occupation ribbons to show Asia and Europe! My dad was Navy, 1947-1956. Then AF, 1956-1960, then, back to the Navy until 1967. His ribbons are a Hot Mess! He has navy, (1947-1956, including Asia occupationn ribbon, Army Good Conduct, (as the AF was still using that when he was in), AF longivety, with clusters and more Navy. If collectors saw his rack, they would scream it was a put together!

BILL THE PATCH

Beautiful minesweeper patch, rarer then hens teeth I would presume.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Love this! Reversed occupation ribbons to show Asia and Europe! My dad was Navy, 1947-1956. Then AF, 1956-1960, then, back to the Navy until 1967. His ribbons are a Hot Mess! He has navy, (1947-1956, including Asia occupationn ribbon, Army Good Conduct, (as the AF was still using that when he was in), AF longivety, with clusters and more Navy. If collectors saw his rack, they would scream it was a put together!

I, personally, would love to see his rack!

beerdragon54

I saw some items with the last name Hatch and Holmes so no clue on an identification yet.