ADSEC Uniforms

Ant1942

Hi everyone, I wanted to show off a couple unique and underrated medic uniforms in the collection. Both are Ike ADSEC jackets. One has a British made ADSEC patch which is really nice as well as ribbon bar whilst the other one is double tabbed with ADSEC and OISE. I kinda know that OISE tabs belonged to a northern section along the Belgian/french border, but I have no idea about that Ike besides that, if anyone cares to comment and help share any comments you all think on the uniform/s, please do. Another interesting thing to note about the double tabbed Ike is that it looks like the ribbon bar has had one of the sides sewn but is not attached. I usually don't go for plainer Ike's, but I have a soft spot for ADSEC and medic stuff because my great uncle was one in Southern France in late 44/early 45.

post-178778-0-29777000-1566185003.jpg

post-178778-0-52104600-1566185012.jpg

post-178778-0-09389300-1566185066.jpg

post-178778-0-26139100-1566185072.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Nice jackets,

I also collected ADSEC items for a while years ago and I once had a large Bremen uniform grouping but now only have some of the ephemera that went with it.

Nice jackets,

I also collected ADSEC items for a while years ago and I once had a large Bremen uniform grouping but now only have some of the ephemera that went with it.

Oh that's really neat, I think ADSEC stuff is neat because of the variety of variations of the patches and tabs. Do you have any pictures of the group that you had?

Salvage Sailor

They're on my older hard drives but if I find the Bremen paperwork I have, I'll reshoot and post that.

CNY Militaria

I too have always liked ADSEC uniforms with the tabs. I only have one, but it was for the Commander of ADSEC in WWII.

DSCN8459 copy.jpg

DSCN8460 copy.jpg

DSCN8465 copy.jpg

I too have always liked ADSEC uniforms with the tabs. I only have one, but it was for the Commander of ADSEC in WWII.

That is a great looking uniform. Thanks for sharing!

post-5916-0-11521500-1566272429.jpgHere is my WWII CWO addition. I picked this up in SLC, Utah in the 80's, and was lucky that the cap came with it.

• 5 months later...
Salvage Sailor
On 8/18/2019 at 5:32 PM, Salvage Sailor said:

Nice jackets,

On 8/18/2019 at 5:41 PM, Ant1942 said:

Oh that's really neat, I think ADSEC stuff is neat because of the variety of variations of the patches and tabs. Do you have any pictures of the group that you had?

Here ya go.....

BREMEN PORT COMMAND'S "GI PARADISE", FEBRUARY 1946, 64 pages packed with photos of GI's in uniform with many right and left shoulder patches

(Source: Volume I, The First Year, OCCUPATION FORCES series)

On April 15 1946, the Bremen Port Command was discontinued and its primary subordinate command, the 17th Major Port, became the main administrative headquarters for the Bremen-Bremerhaven area.

With the deactivation of the Bremen Port Command on 15 April 1946, the headquarters of the 17th Major Port, commanded by Col. Edward M. Conner, Jr., became the main administrative headquarters in the Bremen Enclave. The Continental Base Section Sub-Sector No. 4 was activated at this time as a coordinating and inspecting agency of the commanding general of the Continental Base Section, who was charged with area responsibility in the Bremen Enclave.

Have to make a new topic just for this one.

img001a.jpg

Here ya go.....

BREMEN PORT COMMAND'S "GI PARADISE", FEBRUARY 1946, 64 pages packed with photos of GI's in uniform with many right and left shoulder patches

(Source: Volume I, The First Year, OCCUPATION FORCES series)

On April 15 1946, the Bremen Port Command was discontinued and its primary subordinate command, the 17th Major Port, became the main administrative headquarters for the Bremen-Bremerhaven area.

With the deactivation of the Bremen Port Command on 15 April 1946, the headquarters of the 17th Major Port, commanded by Col. Edward M. Conner, Jr., became the main administrative headquarters in the Bremen Enclave. The Continental Base Section Sub-Sector No. 4 was activated at this time as a coordinating and inspecting agency of the commanding general of the Continental Base Section, who was charged with area responsibility in the Bremen Enclave.

Have to make a new topic just for this one.

Oh thats so neat, definitely post the book contents whenever you have time.

• 1 year later...