CRYE Precision nape pad

PaulS

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Also for anyone wondering this is what the later style of pad looks like

post-153751-0-73490900-1566597464_thumb.jpg

post-153751-0-97614900-1566597475_thumb.jpg

Both of mine have a tag inside like this and have foliage green (Grey) ballistic insert

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I looked the NSNs up on Iso-group.com and this was the useful info:

The NSN for the single strap type was created on 14 June 2007, the NSN for the two strap type ( It is really one strap sewn down but I don't know a better way to call it) was created 20 Oct 2008. Now of course it would take time for these production lines to be started and for items to start being shipped out and issued but it looks like the single strap type may only have been made for a little over a year, or if the ones without the nsn were made before the nsn was assigned then procurement may have started earlier in 2007 or possibly in 2006. ISO group says the double strap type only had one contract, but the one they list is different from the ones I have so there are at least two. They also say the last procurement was 7 Aug 2012, They may have switched to OEF-CP/OCP/Multicam ones at that point with a different NSN but that is just a guess on my part.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

On the Armor Source Helmet, I looked it up and the 126,000+ defective ACHs and 3,000 LWHs subcontracted to Federal Prison Industries / UNICOR were recalled on 13 May 2010. Obviously the one pictured was made afterwards, and Armor Source has been contracted by the government to make LWHs and LWACHs for the USMC and Army since then. I am unsure if they were contracted to make ACHs for the Army since then, but the tag on that one does not feel military to me, and with the USMS in that number I wonder if it was contracted for the United States Marshal Service. Just a guess. I saw a recalled one for sale once and if I remember right it had a light blue and white tag.

Intrigued by this, can you get a pic so I can better understand this setup? Not seen it before so its something new and interesting to me.

I just found this site that covers a chinstrap systems. www.hardheadveterans.com. This may help.

On the Armor Source Helmet, I looked it up and the 126,000+ defective ACHs and 3,000 LWHs subcontracted to Federal Prison Industries / UNICOR were recalled on 13 May 2010. Obviously the one pictured was made afterwards, and Armor Source has been contracted by the government to make LWHs and LWACHs for the USMC and Army since then. I am unsure if they were contracted to make ACHs for the Army since then, but the tag on that one does not feel military to me, and with the USMS in that number I wonder if it was contracted for the United States Marshal Service. Just a guess. I saw a recalled one for sale once and if I remember right it had a light blue and white tag.

Wow! Thanks for the research!

Also for anyone wondering this is what the later style of pad looks like

attachicon.gifNapePad3.jpg

attachicon.gifNapePad4.jpg

Both of mine have a tag inside like this and have foliage green (Grey) ballistic insert

Thanks for the pics. Super weird way to wear it as it would keep the pad attached to the back of the helmet vs being close to the person's neck.