Apocalypse Now ......40 years old

kammo-man

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the river boat scenes , this is the first VN war movie with the Brown Water Navy,  also had an excellent soundtrack.

whats that?

ARC LIGHT

B52 air strike

• 1 year later...

I thought this was worth resurrecting an old thread. Here’s a fun project that I recently wrapped up. I was able to get a lot of “uniform take off” patches for cheap and already had the set of Propper tigger stripes from the 90’s. I figured if I was going to put together a fake uniform then I might as well have fun with it. 

In regards to my favorite scene… It’d have to be the Do Long Bridge. “We build it up every night. Charlie blows right back up agains, just so the Generals can say the road’s open.”

E83D4D9E-D31E-4843-B007-CBB498A598C4.jpeg

• 3 months later...
RANDALL 1953

The movie was based on the book Heart Of Darkness by Joseph Conrad that was published in 1902. Coppola took the story and changed it from its original location of Africa to Vietnam. At one time, Moore Militaria was selling tiger stripes with all the Willard patches on it but do not think that he offers them anymore. I saw the movie when it came out and still like it. My favorite Vietnam movie is 84 Charlie Mopic which is abought a 173rd Lrrp unit in the central highlands. Actual 173rd Lrrp vets were advisors on the films production.

1 hour ago, RANDALL 1953 said:

The movie was based on the book Heart Of Darkness by Joseph Conrad that was published in 1902. Coppola took the story and changed it from its original location of Africa to Vietnam. At one time, Moore Militaria was selling tiger stripes with all the Willard patches on it but do not think that he offers them anymore. I saw the movie when it came out and still like it. My favorite Vietnam movie is 84 Charlie Mopic which is abought a 173rd Lrrp unit in the central highlands. Actual 173rd Lrrp vets were advisors on the films production.

https://www.mooremilitaria.com/willard-insig-pack.html