Apocalypse Now ......40 years old

kammo-man

"Do these people ever give up?"

Air assault sequence from Apocalypse Now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Now

Coppola wanted more footage of the Huey's, but had to give them back to the Philippine Air Force due to an actual, real live insurgent attack nearby. Life imitating art imitating life!

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/apocalypse-now-storyboards/

I saw it with my dad the first week it came out in France. First time it was aired on TV, we watched with my uncle who was an Indochina war vet (airborne troops), he just said "what the f★ck is that war!".

b9b8e763fefef922da2e43d0e9f93be9.jpg

And the tiger from the film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course you have that hanging in your closet, Owen... of course.

I heard from a guy who worked on the movie that the local print shops would sell several prints to the crew as a money maker and inventing their own designs.

That being said they are all very rare today.

owen

vintageproductions

The one on the left was made for the stateside budget dept and Copolla threatened to fire anyone he caught wearing one as it was making fun of how much over budget the production was.

The other is Philippine made on a super flimsy shirt. I am surprised any of these survived.

• 2 weeks later...
josesharontraders

The one on the left was made for the stateside budget dept and Copolla threatened to fire anyone he caught wearing one as it was making fun of how much over budget the production was.

The other is Philippine made on a super flimsy shirt. I am surprised any of these survived.

Hi Bob,

Were you in the set in the Philippines in the 70s by any chance? Especially the river delta scene?

jose