Vietnam Junk Force Pocket Hanger

VMI88

I recently picked this junk force pocket hanger up from the son of the man who brought it back:

post-265-0-38982900-1565815240_thumb.jpgpost-265-0-11117500-1565815278_thumb.jpg

Interestingly, the father was in the Army so I'm not sure why he would have a Junk Force badge unless it was just a souvenir. The son had no idea what his father did in Vietnam, though he said he'd try to get me some documentation. There may also be more artifacts to come as they clear out his estate.

easterneagle87

Years ago, our baby sitters dad and I were trading our information. He was Army and would hang out with the brown water guys. He had experience as an boat motor mechanic and would keep their boats running for them. Eventually, they let him just stay with the boats. Very cool hanger!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently picked this junk force pocket hanger up from the son of the man who brought it back:

attachicon.gifIMG_1834.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1835.JPG

Interestingly, the father was in the Army so I'm not sure why he would have a Junk Force badge unless it was just a souvenir. The son had no idea what his father did in Vietnam, though he said he'd try to get me some documentation. There may also be more artifacts to come as they clear out his estate.

He could have been with the Mobile Riverine Force, 9th Infantry Div?

He could have been with the Mobile Riverine Force, 9th Infantry Div?

Different unit, I believe. If I recall correctly, the Mobile Riverine Force, 9th Infantry Div primarily rode on US watercraft.

The "Junk Force" were local made Republic of Vietnam vessels converted to military use. More likely the owner was a US adviser to an RVN unit.

Different unit, I believe. If I recall correctly, the Mobile Riverine Force, 9th Infantry Div primarily rode on US watercraft.

The "Junk Force" were local made Republic of Vietnam vessels converted to military use. More likely the owner was a US adviser to an RVN unit.

I knew someone was going to mention that. LOL. I just figured they may have mingled with each other.