Camillus WW2 Kabar?

Blueprint

Hey!

Since Im not into collecting edged weapons I would ask the collectors for an expertise on this example.

Is it a complete authentic WW2 set?

The overall look is pretty salty and homogene to me, as well as the inscribed name on it.

Thanks

Blueprint

post-180902-0-04040700-1565726822_thumb.jpeg

Yes, all original late WWII example. In response to your other post on this same knife, there are at least 8 to 10 Marines with that name, in the muster rolls. So, unless you can find a service number, or additional information inscribed on the sheath, you will likely not be able to ID it. And, that assumes that the name was not scrawled in there by a non-servicemember post war.

Even as it is an late WW2 Production Kabar as stated, was it ever handed to Marines in WW2 or was that Kabar more common in Korea and so on?

Without a date carved it with a verifiable name, there is no way to tell - it could have been issued during WW2, during the interegnum, during the Korean War, during the post-KW period, even into the VN period, if it was still in stock. The Navy stock system still had thousands of the knives in stock after WW2 ended, which is why it was 1961 before a new contract was given to Utica.

So it was kinda like with M1 helmets, dating from WW2 which were even used by the navy etc. later on.

Thanks for the reply. It definitely shed some new light on the knife for me.

Blueprint