ACH helmet cover variant?

PaulS

I found this type III NWU helmet cover and didn't know what it was until i got home and did some research. What units in the Navy use this cover? SEALs, Seabees? Do plate carriers and MOLLE pouches exist in this pattern of Camouflage?

post-9337-0-20554600-1565482411_thumb.jpg

post-9337-0-79024700-1565482422_thumb.jpg

As far as I know, these covers are generally used by shore-based Naval personnel, namely SeaBees and Riverine/Small Boat Units though SEALs could use them if needed (I don't think I've seen any photos of them using the NWU-III helmet covers, but I've seen them using the uniforms). They started to be issued around 2011 if I remember correctly.

Here's a photo of a SeaBee on Okinawa in 2012 using one.

post-154926-0-75346800-1565485598_thumb.jpg

As far as I know, these covers are generally used by shore-based Naval personnel, namely SeaBees and Riverine/Small Boat Units though SEALs could use them if needed (I don't think I've seen any photos of them using the NWU-III helmet covers, but I've seen them using the uniforms). They started to be issued around 2011 if I remember correctly.

Here's a photo of a SeaBee on Okinawa in 2012 using one.

attachicon.gifd90c5ceabf1b9b57e700b62b07e1c4cb.jpg

Spot on, the NWU is short for "Naval Working Uniform" and is a standard pattern the Navy is using now. The fancier stuff that looks extremely like this is the "AOR" type camo, but I don't believe that has a helmet cover.

I really want to see a Type 1 cover

As far as I know, there is not government-produced contracted NWU Type I covers. Type I iirc is simply a bluish gray uniform. Type II is a Desert Pattern and Type III is the Woodland Pattern

In the nwu type I, we wore flat black painted lwmc, and ach variants. Also worn when we used the dcu's on vbss. Chinese knockoffs are likely to exist for type I, but we never used any cover in that uniform