M1903(?) Russell Cartridge Belt

RememberThe5thESB

RememberThe5thESB

I did some looking on this one as WW1 belts are not my forte, not even close. I have yet to find an image of a belt similar to this one though, but that's probably just me not looking close enough.

The belt is a Russell, made in May of 1918, it is a 9 pocket belt with the inner retaining strap for the clips, and with lift the dot snaps. It's late enough it has the reinforcing in the fabric and it has the pucker. Is there anything special with this belt or am I just not looking hard enough? Thanks!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

You have an unfinished Cartridge belt .30 Model 1912. They do show up from time to time, if you do a search I think you will see others in different stages of completion as well as finished examples.

Hope this helps.

Kurt.

RememberThe5thESB

Thank you!

I've a couple more questions now though, are these particularly rare or are they very common? Or just a price range for them?

I would say they are not too common but certainly not rare, although their desirability is limited. Value is a difficult one perhaps $50--$80. Maybe a search on some web sites or ebay might give a better idea of value.

RememberThe5thESB

For 29 dollars plus tax it wasnt too bad then I guess.

I've also noticed my example compared to the other 3 or 4 I've found on the forum of unfinished ones has the oval grommets where the leather donut would be attatched to the belt, while none of the other ones I've seen so far have had them.

I think you done well on the price.

Good observation, some of these vary in that they are completed belts that later had the parts removed, others are in different stages of being completed, I expect with yours it was completed in that way with all the grommets to make a more usable belt, it might make it a slightly more desirable variation, perhaps others here have similar examples to share?