PASGT

My Vietnam Soldier Display

Hello guys! This will be the long post, this is my project of recreating one historical foto(will be posted in this topic) I recreated cavalry infantryman on 66-68 period. All items on the display are originals and dated from 65 to 68. Yes I know that maybe color insignia is wrong for that period i have subdued jacket also...but I decided to put jacket with color insignia because it makes the display more impressive (attractive to the eye) and cool. I also added to the m1952 flak vest to make the feel like the soldier is resting in the base stationary position. So no more words here check the display and details (I paid a lot of attention to the small details) dont forget to inspect the historical foto that I took like the etalon for my display. Thank you for attention and comments.

post-105005-0-29992200-1565179192_thumb.jpg

"For Those who fight for it life has a special flavour the protected will never know" © Theodore Roosvelt.

:)

post-105005-0-77685100-1565179246_thumb.jpg

"For Those who fight for it life has a special flavour the protected will never know" © Theodore Roosvelt.

post-105005-0-05496300-1565179301_thumb.jpg

post-105005-0-33188100-1565179335_thumb.jpg

post-105005-0-70356600-1565179404_thumb.jpg

post-105005-0-06342200-1565179549_thumb.jpg

post-105005-0-93565700-1565179596_thumb.jpg

post-105005-0-78769700-1565179669_thumb.jpg

Historical foto i used for the display impression

post-105005-0-72463900-1565179741_thumb.jpg

hang an m18 from his left suspender and you'll be golden!

Thanks will do.

Thanks guys for comments, this is my home guard now :-)

Look good, but maybe Davis buckle belt is too late to match with M52 flak jacket

Look good, but maybe Davis buckle belt is too late to match with M52 flak jacket

Yes I wanted to put regular belt, but i cant resist myself i like davis buckle disign so much. anyway i can put regular buckle anytime

Awesome Display... Hes too clean though!!! lol lol

I really like how you have him carrying the poncho poncho liner and shelter half.

Maybe he should have the old style ear plug case on the webgear? Not sure if they used them in Vietnam???

And a carabiner clip. Compass. Whistle... Pace count beads.....

Great Display!!!! Great Job!!!

Thank you for posting!

Impressive work with great attention to detail. Thanks for showing and keep up the good work.

Best

Martin

- Vietnam CISO/SOG Knife Collector -

donation2009.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Awesome Display... Hes too clean though!!! lol lol

I really like how you have him carrying the poncho poncho liner and shelter half.

Maybe he should have the old style ear plug case on the webgear? Not sure if they used them in Vietnam???

And a carabiner clip. Compass. Whistle... Pace count beads.....

Great Display!!!! Great Job!!!

Thank you for posting!

Added some small items :)

post-105005-0-45507600-1565246379_thumb.jpg

post-105005-0-79444600-1565246405_thumb.jpg

Impressive work with great attention to detail. Thanks for showing and keep up the good work.

Best

Martin

Thank you

Very nice looking display. Where is the manniquin from?

Great display ....as a matter of fact im working on an Air Cav display (full body manikin) also with an M52 vest...... :P

Interested in USMC in the NAM