USMC Competition Rifle?

RememberThe5thESB

RememberThe5thESB

My girls father picked this rifle up for $20 at I believe was an auction. I think it's a competition rifle due to the sportorized stock, and very much custom done job with the EGA in the stock itself. This and the 2 letters next to the EGA. The rifle itself is a bolt action .22 made by Savage Arms. I took a picture of the stamp on the barrel but it's very poor as I was short on time.

If anyone can confirm this being a competition rifle that'd be great, as well as guesses to its origin or the meaning of the 2 letters. Thanks!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

My thought is that its a highly personalized, personally owned gun, owned by a former Marine with the initials B.Z., with the gun not being connected to the military in any way other than its owner being a Marine Corps veteran.

That's just my two cents tho.

And it's pretty neat too I think :)

Charlie Flick

I am with MWalsh on this one. It is a private purchase rifle customized by/for a former Marine.

I am not aware of any Savage Arms .22 LR bolt action rifles ever adopted by the USMC.

Regards,

Charlie

Salvage Sailor

Just an obvservation,

BZ (Bravo Zulu) is a code reference meaning Well Done used by the USN/USMC during the 1960's-1980's

RememberThe5thESB

My knowledge of competition shooting in the armed forces is limited as heck so it was a gander that the .22 would be anything competition. Thanks for all the help though! It's too bad theres no marine for the rifle to be attributed though.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...