New Member, collecting for a few years

MattKurog

Hello everyone! I can't believe it took me this long to find this forum and join. I wouldn't call myself the typical collector per-say. I am only 19 years old but have been collecting for roughly 6 years. I've always been interested in the military due to one of my grandfathers serving with the 3rd Armored Cavalry and the other in the Coast Guard.

I am looking for collecting tips and maybe the occasional purchase if I find something I like.

Again, its great to be here!

-Matt

tdogchristy90

Welcome Matt,

What kind of collecting tips are you looking for? Do you have a certain thing you collect?

tdog

Welcome Matt,

What kind of collecting tips are you looking for? Do you have a certain thing you collect?

tdog

tdog,

I try to stick to WWII militaria but if theres something cool or unique ill pick it up. As for tips, I'm trying to get into WWII firearms collecting but at a reasonable price.

-Matt

Welcome Matt.

When did your grandfather serve with 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment? My father and I both served with 2ACR, which traded places with 3ACR during Operation Gyroscope 1955-58 guarding the Czech border during the Cold War.

3ACR (Brave Rifles) started out as the Regiment of Mounted Rifles in 1846 and became 3d Cavalry Regiment in August 1861 during the Civil War.