Camoflage Parachute

dzandkw

Hey guys i missed out on this on ebay . It went higher than i wanted to pay as iam unexperianced in parachutes. Is this a standard paratrooper chute or was it for cargo? Reason why i ask i havent seen the metal peice attached to this one before. Any help would be appreciated.

Also is there a guide out there to properly repack a t-5 or t-7 parachute. Not that i have one, iam just curious how the static line is in there to pull out the chute. Thanks in advance Dan

Heres the Ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140290678964

post-4283-1230649210.jpg

post-4283-1230649235.jpg

post-4283-1230649241.jpg

Hi Dan,

That Parachute is interesting, and I don't think that the apex is like any Troop-type chute I have seen (at least for the T5 / T7). The manual for packing the chute correctly into a T5 harness can be found in T. O. No. 13-5-7 : Handbook of Instructions for Parachutes, Troop Type. My example is the 30 July 1943 revision, and I will gladly post up some scans if you're interested in the contents.

Thanks.

Ben

Dan,

Here is the illustration taken from the afore mentioned manual, illustrating the cording of the canopy's apex to the static line. I hope that it will be of some use to you:

staticLine.jpg

I hope the above is of some use,

Ben