A Late - War M1C Without Heat Stamp

Pbaczuk

Here is a rear seam M1C with a ferrous metal banding. There is no heat stamp. Has anyone else experienced this? I have glanced light so many ways and zoomed the area. There is no trace.

post-162927-0-45267300-1564802358_thumb.jpg

post-162927-0-82304700-1564802380_thumb.jpg

May be a silly question but did you look all around the rim or just under the brim? I've got a few helmets and seen a few where the heat stamp is not under the brim.

Otherwise it's possible that the heat stamp was done lightly and is just hidden under the paint. the helmet seems pretty minty from your pictures so this wouldn't surprise me In either case nice M1C! I'm hoping to eventually add one to my collection.

iron bender

I've got a late rear seam pot that has the lot/heat stamp on the right side (right side as you would wear it), just forward of the chinstrap loops. I'll grab a pic of it tomorrow.

Anyways, this is a nice M1C that was produced in autumn-winter of ‘44. The hunt is on for a liner now.

Here is an M-1c production chart for future reference. With a monthly production of 100.000 helmets, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't properly mark all of the steel.

You can still find front seam M-1C helmets if you're lucky. There's a good chance those were part of a smaller batch made in the early Winter of 1944 (not sure what else the 'contd' could refer to).

Anyway very nice helmet...!

m1cchart.jpg

Here is an M-1c production chart for future reference. With a monthly production of 100.000 helmets, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't properly mark all of the steel.

You can still find front seam M-1C helmets if you're lucky. There's a good chance those were part of a smaller batch made in the early Winter of 1944 (not sure what else the 'contd' could refer to).

Anyway very nice helmet...!

m1cchart.jpg

The cumulative column indicates that production started in January 1945, which agrees with another document I have. The total of 392,000 on this chart and the document below indicates that all M1-C helmets were manufactured in 1945.

post-270-0-22765600-1564953136_thumb.jpg