1950s Alaska Command Ike

MattS

Came across this in an antique shop, thought and comments welcome. Unsure of the shoulder strap tabs?

They were asking $100 which seemed really high.

post-32676-0-47998200-1564781768_thumb.jpg

huntssurplus

shoulder slides are for the 4th infantry regiment which was stationed in Alaska during World War Two as part of the Alaskan Defense Command. They fought in the Battle of Attu. I believe they left Alaska after WW2 and were reactivated in 1948 and stationed elsewhere. Interesting jacket not sure about all the parts though.

Hunt

Thanks! Using that info, I found this on Wiki, "The 4th was again activated on 1 October 1948 at Fort Lewis, Washington, as the 4th Regimental Combat Team. It served in this assignment for six years with, the 1st Battalion being sent to Ft. Richardson, Alaska, and participating in Operation Sweetbrier, an exercise to determine if Alaska could be defended if an attack from the Soviet Union came from over the pole."

huntssurplus

Thanks! Using that info, I found this on Wiki, "The 4th was again activated on 1 October 1948 at Fort Lewis, Washington, as the 4th Regimental Combat Team. It served in this assignment for six years with, the 1st Battalion being sent to Ft. Richardson, Alaska, and participating in Operation Sweetbrier, an exercise to determine if Alaska could be defended if an attack from the Soviet Union came from over the pole."

Oh! Well nevermind then, makes since then for all the parts.

Hunt