ASMIC PORTLAND,OR. SHOW

Ed Anderson Jr

Your displays and the others were outstanding. After every show I attend I see that forum members were there.

I always try to meet the dealers but it can be tougher to meet forum members.

As cheesy as it sounds, at future ASMIC and SOS shows, I may add a sticker to my pass with my USMF name. That might make it easier to meet forum members.

Your displays and the others were outstanding. After every show I attend I see that forum members were there.

I always try to meet the dealers but it can be tougher to meet forum members.

As cheesy as it sounds, at future ASMIC and SOS shows, I may add a sticker to my pass with my USMF name. That might make it easier to meet forum members.

Your idea is not cheesy. In fact, I wear a name tag with my forum name at the SoS, and it seems to help with people remembering who I am. I suggest everyone do this.

vintageproductions

Looks like a great show. The Coast Artillery and Hayes' displays are killer.

Is ASMIC coming back to Dayton in 2020?

Hopefully we are going to Fayetteville in 2020

A husband and wife's display, featuring US Coast Guard items, and US military medical items.

attachicon.gif32a.jpg

attachicon.gif33a.jpg

I spotted this shadow box amongst all of the other pieces in this display. It is an actual uniform worn by USN Seal Master Chief Edward C. Byers prior to earning the Medal of Honor in Afghanistan.

post-1389-0-03033600-1569558821_thumb.jpg

post-1389-0-45291600-1569558940.jpg

Photos

Seeing this post got me interested in seeing his ribbon rack, but ended up making me scratch my head. Looking at both the jacket, and the ribbon rack separately, they don't make sense. The jacket has a higher rank than pictures of him wearing the MOH in 2016 as well as fewer awards and more service stripes. If he wore it prior to winning the MOH, it should at least match to that date. Looking at the ribbon bar separately is another story as well. Some awards are out of order on the jacket, while the separate rack has various consecutive awards missing. If it is meant to represent his career at various times it would make more sense, but as you described what the person displaying it said, it doesn't seem to fit.

post-5712-0-94006900-1569672665_thumb.jpg

Seeing this post got me interested in seeing his ribbon rack, but ended up making me scratch my head. Looking at both the jacket, and the ribbon rack separately, they don't make sense. The jacket has a higher rank than pictures of him wearing the MOH in 2016 as well as fewer awards and more service stripes. If he wore it prior to winning the MOH, it should at least match to that date. Looking at the ribbon bar separately is another story as well. Some awards are out of order on the jacket, while the separate rack has various consecutive awards missing. If it is meant to represent his career at various times it would make more sense, but as you described what the person displaying it said, it doesn't seem to fit.

Sorry I never spoke with the owner of this display and just assumed this was once worn by USN Seal Master Chief Edward C. Byers. I guess it could be a put together uniform as I hadn't noticed the ribbon and rank discrepancies. The one thing I did noticed were the silver Tridents which don't belong in this shadowbox since he became a Seal in 2002. The silver Trident was only worn for about a year in the 1970s and according to the plaque he went through BUD/S in 2002. .

Sorry I never spoke with the owner of this display and just assumed this was once worn by USN Seal Master Chief Edward C. Byers. I guess it could be a put together uniform as I hadn't noticed the ribbon and rank discrepancies. The one thing I did noticed were the silver Tridents which don't belong in this shadowbox since he became a Seal in 2002. The silver Trident was only worn for about a year in the 1970s and according to the plaque he went through BUD/S in 2002. .

I kind of figured you had seen it in passing, but it is a confusing display to say the least.

• 1 month later...
26 Cavalry PS

Writing an article for the Military Collectors' Club of Canada's Quarterly Journal. Seeking info and clarification on the 2019 Convention Display Award winners. I took pictures of all displays but additional good images are welcome.