Baby Blue Background on USAAC SSI.

hirsca

My apologies if this has been discussed before, but my search here did not find anything. Manufacturer's variation? Authorized to wear?

Thanks, Al

post-12790-0-33466800-1564334812_thumb.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Just faded felt, but some variations are different shades of blue.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

THis patch has been washed a ton, which was never a good thing for felt patches. It is simply faded.

Allan

lamarhooten

I think the red would fade before the blue would. Took alot of exposure to get the blue to fade that much if it is indeed faded and no color change in the red? Consistency of the light blue color is all the way thru the patch.

I think the red would fade before the blue would. Took alot of exposure to get the blue to fade that much if it is indeed faded and no color change in the red? Consistency of the light blue color is all the way thru the patch.

It is not a matter of exposure to sunlight. It's the difference between the dye used for the wool vs. that used for the thread, and the density of each. The less dense wool cloth of the patch was more likely to leech its color when laundered.

In my opinion the patch was made that way with the pale blue back ground.I have owned them brand new in that color and do not believe the color was due ti fading or washing.Just my opinion Scotty

BILL THE PATCH

Would love to see one in mint condition.

BILL THE PATCH

It is not a matter of exposure to sunlight.  It's the difference between the dye used for the wool vs. that used for the thread, and the density of each.  The less dense wool cloth of the patch was more likely to leech its color when laundered. 

Here's are some obvious discoloration cause by sunlight, this is a framed patch board under glass notice the difference's in the reds. Compare the 82nd abn patch and the 45th and 63rd divs. Definitely different red dyes use in these Patches. Look at the 81st the cat is almost grey compared to the 80th div blue mtns which is not faded. Also the 10th mtn divs. Pink swords vs red swords. It's seems the reds were affected the most. Felt really looses color look at the patch king 11th div. The pictures don't really show how pink the patches are. But believe me they are pink.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BILL THE PATCH

Here's are some obvious discoloration cause by sunlight, this is a framed patch board under glass notice the difference's in the reds. Compare the 82nd abn patch and the 45th and 63rd divs. Definitely different red dyes use in these Patches. Look at the 81st the cat is almost grey compared to the 80th div blue mtns which is not faded. Also the 10th mtn divs. Pink swords vs red swords. It's seems the reds were affected the most. Felt really looses color look at the patch king 11th div. The pictures don't really show how pink the patches are. But believe me they are pink.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Oh yeah one more this 98th div looks almost tanPosted Image