Small named 442nd group in Honolulu antique shop

dskjl

Cool little group, I need to do some research. The cert is his mothers as is the small enamel pin; seems she worked for the Crop Corp in pineapple fields while her son was at war and in a prison camp. Love German bring backs and the imbosseed wallet it looks like he never removed from the box.

post-8016-0-80619300-1564287119_thumb.jpeg

There was a Kaoru Yonezawa who was a POW in WWII . He was from Hawaii . ASN 30102314 . He was held in Stalag 7A. Very nice group!!!!

The best part.... His Purple Heart has a TRACEABLE NUMBER!!!!!!!

Kurt

There was a Kaoru Yonezawa who was a POW in WWII . He was from Hawaii . ASN 30102314 . He was held in Stalag 7A. Very nice group!!!!

Kurt

Yup, This all came from his family.

From a fellow forum member swag:

Purple Heart 233691 was awarded to Private First Class Kaoru Yonezawa, service number 30102314, assigned to Company C, 100 Infantry Battalion, 442 Infantry Regiment. His Purple Heart was announced by the 11th Evacuation Hospital, General Order #20 on February 13, 1944.

Kurt Barickman

Nice group especially with the German bringbacks; eagle order and close combat to boot!

Kurt

Wow!....too bad it didnt come with that helmet!...great group dwight!....mike

As soon as I saw the pic I felt the same way.

Nice group especially with the German bringbacks; eagle order and close combat to boot!

Kurt

I dont collect German stuff but in this case I couldnt leave it behind, 442nd POW bring back is just too cool.

Thx

Anything from a 442nd veteran is an immediate must pick up. Many of the families are retaining their memorabilia in memory of their relatives who served. You have to remember those troops were fighting a war both at the front and at home.

firefighter

Anything from a 442nd veteran is an immediate must pick up. Many of the families are retaining their memorabilia in memory of their relatives who served. You have to remember those troops were fighting a war both at the front and at home.

Exactly. It had to be tough on them to prove their loyalty and put their lives on the line.

Truly awesome find! My neighbor's father was 442 and he still has his yearbook and Ike jacket. He game me his trench knife maybe 30 years ago and it's somewhere in a box. Somewhere...