TAPS : Bob Queen USMC 1934 - 2019

Eric Queen

Eric, my deepest sympathies on the loss of your Dad. An amazing life with honour and service to his fellow man. I recently lost my Dad so I know how difficult it is, but I thank God every day for the lessons he taught me, the contributions he made to my world and for having him for as long as I did.

Our Dads are both resting now after long lives well lived. RIP Bob Queen.

suwanneetrader

So Sorry for your loss. My Dad was a WWII Marine. I learned why we do not say "Used to be a Marine" They were and "are always a Marine". He taught me by example - Tough but fair, always honest, bound by his word. You and I were lucky to have the Fathers we did. Mine died in 1980, and even now to think of him brings a tear to my eye (at 81). It seems so hard now but your Dad will always be with you. Rest in Peace Marine. Richard .

• 1 month later...

Eric,

So sorry to hear about your dad's passing.

Sounds like you were lucky in the father you got and he was lucky in the son he had.

My dad was a Navy destroyer vet from WW2. He passed away 20 years ago but I still think of him a lot and miss him.

I'm sure the good memories of your dad will be a big part of your life.

God bless,

Jon.

• 3 weeks later...

Eric,

My condolences as well on the recent passing of your Father. Though we all expect our parents to proceed us to the other side, none of us are prepared when the event comes to pass. Take care, and may God grant you and your extended family comfort and reassurance as you mourn the loss of your Father.

God Bless,

John

Eric,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Your father gave you the best advice anyone can ever receive "if you ever want to truly understand if someone is a good person or not, if you want to see inside their soul, watch how they treat animals".

Dick

Eric,

I just saw this, and am very sorry to hear about your loss. I knew your dad by reputation only, and of course your and my conversations, but it was a sterling reputation that will continue to survive for a long time within the USMC collecting community.

Semper Fi, Mac

Thanks Brig. Honestly, that means a lot. That is another thing he taught me which I absolutely believe. In this life the only thing you really have is your name/reputation. Dad wasn't perfect, no one is, but in my 40+ years in this hobby, I have never once heard something bad said about him.

• 3 weeks later...