USCapturephotos

7th Beach Battalion Photo Album 50+ pics from Omaha Beach, German souvenirs, etc

Hi Forum.

I am so excited about this photo album that my antique dealer friend put me onto. The sailor was from the Philadelphia area and was very organized and detailed with this album/scrapbook. Here is just a sampling. Do we have any experts out there who can help me connect the dots with a German document that he picked up? There is a section in the album where he says that he picked up some German soldier's photos and souvenirs at the German headquarters in Vierville..."about a mile from the beach". I assume this document might be related to the famed 352nd Regiment that was stationed in that part of the defenses? I also am wondering about the fate of Oberleutenant Meyer who signed the document on June 5, 1944. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

post-100030-0-77614500-1564089253_thumb.jpg

post-100030-0-80412700-1564089290_thumb.jpg

I believe the unit on that document is Landesbau-Pi.Btl.17 ( Its a Pioneer Battalion )

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

The picture where the GI's are clowning around is awesome. Great album

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

donation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Thanks everyone. I've been really excited about this one. I will post a few more photos later. Thanks also Kurt for the info.

Paul

Hello,

this is incredible, thank you for posting and do not hesitate to add more !

Thanks,

Max

Gadzooks, that is one incredible find. I would keep that one forever, as you wont find another.

I believe the unit on that document is Landesbau-Pi.Btl.17 ( Its a Pioneer Battalion )

Kurt

I agree, the Landedbau Pioniere Bataillon 17 was under the command of 352 Infanterie Division in the Omaha sector in June 1944, great collection of items and pictures.

WW2 Battlefield Relics Virtual Museum:

Thank you so much! Here are a few more shots. I'm so enjoying researching this one too. I found a living 7th Beach Battalion that is still living and am trying to make contact. Hoping that he can give me some more context.

Paul

post-100030-0-46983100-1564142206_thumb.jpg

I was hoping that there would be some writing on the backs of the German snapshots that he picked up, but on the ones I pulled, sadly there was nothing.

Paul

I agree, the Landedbau Pioniere Bataillon 17 was under the command of 352 Infanterie Division in the Omaha sector in June 1944, great collection of items and pictures.

Hey Simon and Kaustaufer. Do either of you know if there is anything else out there on the history of this pioneer battalion? That is a great start. Thank you!

Paul