Help with patches for Gunner in the 713 BS / 448 BG in WWII

stratasfan

Hi! I am starting to work on making a small display for a friend of mine. Her Uncle was a gunner in WWII and was KIA in the ETO.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/56373195/archie-b-indorf

He was inducted into the Army on 28 Dec 1942, received his wings as an aerial gunner at Harlingen, Texas in 1943.

I would like a patch for the display, and was wondering what patches he would have worn? Would love to try and get one or some. So, are there patches I could get for the BS or BG or the number AF he was in? What did they look like?

Thanks for any help!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth, The 448th Bomb Group was part of the 8th Air Force so he would have worn the 8th AF SSI. He was a Staff Sergeant which is 3 chevrons and 1 rocker. He was probably overseas one year or less, so I would have one or two overseas bars.

post-203-0-33919100-1564057845_thumb.jpeg

post-203-0-77084400-1564057864.png

Sadly, the last letter his parents got was that he had arrived in England around 15 Dec 1943. He was killed on 31 Dec. So, I would think that didn't entitle him to an overseas bar? I also doubt he got an Air Medal?

Thanks for the patch! I didn't know what AF it was. Would he have worn only the 8th AF patch or would there have been a BS or BG patch he would have worn?

I'll see if I have that SGT patch. I think I have the plain Sgt. rank, but I'm not sure about the one with a rocker. I appreciate that help, too!

Thanks so much! That is quite a cute patch design that the 713th had! I really appreciate the help!