WW2 Soft Toe Flight Boots

Fritz

I picked these up the other day, totally unmarked but were with some other WW2 Militaria a dealer at an antique mall had, they are I believe a size 8-9 or so. Never saw a pair like these before, only found 1 example online.

Fritz

post-4127-0-61510500-1564013077_thumb.jpeg

post-4127-0-32759600-1564013089_thumb.jpeg

Sgt. Stubby

Wow very interesting item I am totally ignorant about. Were these for - like - a fighter pilot? Are there foot pedals / controls that need more sensitive footwear? Or a bomber crewman that needs to keep feet warm yet have "deckshoe-like" footwear as he scoots around hs station? Love to hear more...

Wow very interesting item I am totally ignorant about. Were these for - like - a fighter pilot? Are there foot pedals / controls that need more sensitive footwear? Or a bomber crewman that needs to keep feet warm yet have "deckshoe-like" footwear as he scoots around hs station? Love to hear more...

I have a pair somewhat similar that did come from a guy training to become a pilot late in WW2....Mine are light colored however......I figured maybe liners used with some sort of outer boot (?).....Bodes

Thanks Boddes and Stubby, definitely a pair of boots outta my wheelhouse, never saw a pair before and like I said I was only able to find 1 other example

Fritz

Thanks Boddes and Stubby, definitely a pair of boots outta my wheelhouse, never saw a pair before and like I said I was only able to find 1 other example

Fritz

I would guess more for use as training boots....The soles seem rather light and not likely to hold up long under the rigors of daily use....Bodes