New Toy

Ronnie

I first saw this advertised in the American Rifleman Magazine and had to have one. Unfortunately they were on back order. I still ordered it and yes it took a while to get it. Almost three months. At any rate it came in today. It is a Springfield Armory M1 Carbine BB Gun. This thing is awesome. Appears to be well made. Beautifully done. I have not shot it as I have the Co2 cartridges but no BBs. Here are some photos.

Thanks.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-79625700-1563844874.jpeg

post-7752-0-51454700-1563844884.jpeg

post-7752-0-76104500-1563844898.jpeg

i kinda consider the m1 carbine to be a BB gun all by itself

granted, i know it's not, it destroys magnum handgun targets but it's such a great little plinking rifle

i'm a big fan, have all the manufacturers and duplicates of at least 4 or 5 of those. i was well on my way to a hell of a carbine collection before i got bit by the associated militaria bug.

got about the same amount of garands, big fan of those as well

Bodes I asked that same question just last night. I do not have an M1 Carbine bayonet so I don’t know if it would fit.

This thing is a blast to shoot.

Ronnie

Did the wrap that they put on the stock to simulate the wood grain fully cover up the sling cutout? When I looked at a sample at the NRA Convention in Indy in April, it had a spot that got missed. I was thinking about ordering one, but wanted to see what the latest ones looked like. The serial number on the one I observed was #000000027.

post-6815-0-37767900-1564363787_thumb.jpg

David Albert

[email protected]

Well I guess I'm a bit too gullible. I thought that was a wood stock. When I first saw this post I thought that is one beautiful stock and that the stock alone is worth the price. Hey, how much for that bridge?

Sundance as I understand it Springfield does plan to come out with a real wood stock. I read that somewhere.

Ronnie

Looks great and real. I got a ww2 Winchester carbine and bayonet, would like to have the bb gun too. I grew up in east tn. with a bb gun.

Where are you in Ms. I live 8 miles north of Corinth, Ms, on the state line. You will have to come to our veteran day parade in Corinth. We will have your ride the halftrack in the parade. wendell

Did the wrap that they put on the stock to simulate the wood grain fully cover up the sling cutout? When I looked at a sample at the NRA Convention in Indy in April, it had a spot that got missed. I was thinking about ordering one, but wanted to see what the latest ones looked like. The serial number on the one I observed was #000000027.

attachicon.gif IMG_5921.jpg

David there is no problem with the finish on my gun.

Ronnie

David Albert

[email protected]

Where are you in Ms. I live 8 miles north of Corinth, Ms, on the state line. You will have to come to our veteran day parade in Corinth. We will have your ride the halftrack in the parade. wendell

Wendell.....you should know me. Im good friends with Alvie and I have heard him talk about you for years.

I am in Batesville. My wife is from Iuka so Im very familiar with that part of the country.

Thanks.

Ronnie

Well very good, Alvie is a wonderful person, You might have Alvie and you bring the jeep up for veterans day parade in nov.11. Also we do the Iuka Christmas parade. They have the Corinth ms. veterans day on youtube. We have the halftracks in the parade each year. Hey we have fun. I am going to the longist yard sell in the country. gadison Al to Addison Michigan wendell

I want to do that garage sale thing sometime but can never find anyone to go with me.

Alvie is a great feller.

Thanks for the invite.

Ronnie