First Army Insert Error?

sjones

I photographed this oddball/error First Army patch between two Signal patches. Is the middle one an error? Reversed Finance colors? The center panel is clearly yellow and the back definitely shows yellow. Thoughts?

post-319-0-39197500-1563803840_thumb.jpg

lamarhooten

Not error, the real deal. Have one like it. Do some more research here on the forum and the computer. Good looking patch and not easy to get.

lamarhooten

A good pic of the back will help. Is the color of the back thread the same on the whole back? The insert might color might have been added, but the color combo is a real variation.

Iamarhooten- I search quite extensively on forum and didn't find anything. The back has three very narrow bands of yellow. The insert has definitely not been added.

According to the list I have, that color combo is a variation for West Point Cadre.

That being said, I don't like this one. Compare the corners to the 2 Signal examples. The corner stitching should have an almost mitered look. Your yellow and white one does not.

Just my $0.02...I will let the more knowledgeable folks on here way in.

Here is my list of known inserts, I think I got it from a thread on this forum

Infantry - blue
Engineers - red & white
Artillery - red

Chemical - cobalt blue & golden yellow

Medical - maroon & white
Quartermaster - buff
Military police - yellow & green (there is a reverse, green and yellow, variation
Finance - silver gray & golden yellow
Signals - orange & white
ordinance - crimson & yellow
Cavalry - yellow
Detached enlisted mans list - grass green
transport - red & yellow
Aviation - blue & orange
Headquarters personnel - olive drab
Armored forces - green & white
Tank destroyer - orange & black
West Point cadre - white & yellow

post-319-0-41281500-1563840309.jpg

Thanks Patchrat. You jogged a memory about the USMA. i am aware of the Mitred corners which are on all of the good smaller verticle ribbed weave ones. Here is a pic of the backside for you guys to examine. i have several of this style that don't have mitred corners including a greenback MP that would be a masterpiece of a repo if it was. Thanks again for looking and giving your opinions.

lamarhooten

Had to dig mine out! Here is the version i have that i had bought from either Dr. Mort or Bill Scott 10 years ago or so. post-3643-0-70233800-1563847608_thumb.jpgpost-3643-0-69980400-1563847624_thumb.jpg

lamarhooten

Here are both the 'mitered' and nonmitered versions. I consider both good. Different makers thats all.post-3643-0-30716300-1563848221_thumb.jpg