MKIIAI Grenade Inert

Rifleman

Picked this up this morning at a Civil War and Antique Arms Show in Richmond Virginia.The seller wanted $90,but I got it for $80.Remnants of green paint over yellow.Some markings showing thru the paint on the fuze,but can't tell which fuze it is.How much does the 1/4 inch hole,drilled in the bottom,hurt the value?

post-3433-0-68323900-1563649656_thumb.jpg

post-3433-0-46347200-1563649677_thumb.jpg

post-3433-0-85120300-1563649712_thumb.jpg

Nice. I noticed the backwards " z " in fuze. Common with I forget the manufacturer. Fuze, M10xx A2? A3?....value? Pre 43 over paint grenades bring premium, in my opinion and why, $200 plus minus, original piece and colors. Advanced collectors would not be interested due to the hole, but MKIIs are always in demand and are getting harder to find...the yellow helps the hole bubba drilled....just my honest assessment.

I've been looking at this spoon under magnification.It reads FUZE MZ00A?.This would normally mean that it isn't correct for this grenade,however the spoon has the same over painted green as the grenade.I did some searching(on this sight) and found some pictures of M200AI fuzes that were (Ink)overstamped M10A3.That makes sense in that when this fuze was painted over,the ink wouldn't show through,but the letters stamped in the metal would.Therefore I believe this fuze was a modified M200 series changed to an ink stamped M10 series and correct for this grenade.What do you all think?

These pictures are from this site.

post-3433-0-17980300-1563742163_thumb.jpg

post-3433-0-66813700-1563742206_thumb.jpg

Correct. The BOCN website European members have more than a few battlefield examples found dug directly from battle sites. I do not know where the notion M200 fuzes are " incorrect". True, period TMs state smoke grenades had M200's but they are sharply bent squarely to fit the "can" profile. Many examples are found inked over with the "M10A3" modification, some without as the inking wore off or was removed when cleaning them up, or like yours painted over.