USAF CWO-3 GEMSCO PINBACK

firefighter

firefighter

Nice older set of ranks. I'm guess the 60s. Pin opens about 90 degreesPosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

These would be from the 1950's as the USAF had eliminated all W/O ranks below CWO-4 in 1958 when the E-8 & E-9 enlisted grade were created. All W/O's below CWO-4 were promoted to that rank then.

firefighter

These would be from the 1950's as the USAF had eliminated all W/O ranks below CWO-4 in 1958 when the E-8 & E-9 enlisted grade were created. All W/O's below CWO-4 were promoted to that rank then.

Thanks. I thought the had WO’s into the 80’s. Too bad the AF eliminated the program, the only branch too do that.

Salvage Sailor

I was talking with an Army helicopter pilot many years ago, Vietnam vet, and the subject of warrant officers came up as my father in law had been a Flight Officer in WWII and this guy had been a warrant pilot. He said that the Air Force stopped the warrant officer program because they only wanted "RLO's" flying their planes, not phony ones like we were......

Of course I asked him what that meant and he replied "Real Live Officers"

firefighter

I was talking with an Army helicopter pilot many years ago, Vietnam vet, and the subject of warrant officers came up as my father in law had been a Flight Officer in WWII and this guy had been a warrant pilot. He said that the Air Force stopped the warrant officer program because they only wanted "RLO's" flying their planes, not phony ones like we were......

Of course I asked him what that meant and he replied "Real Live Officers"

Interesting. LoL! But WO’s do more than fly. He probably wouldnt have liked the enlisted pilots durn WW2.

I've never understood what the big deal was about the USAF not having Warrant Officers. When the E-8 and E-9 enlisted grades were created, that seemed to eliminate a real need for W/O's. If the other services feel the need for them, that's just fine, but not every service may need them. Much ado about nothing.