Excellent D-Day named P41 set

beerdragon54

beerdragon54

I just picked these up and I’m fairly certain my preliminary research shows him being at the D-Day invasion. Not sure how many marines participated in this but I wouldn’t think a lot.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beerdragon54

My apologies he was in the Navy according to this information which certainly can’t be considered a legitimate source.

Well, couldnt he have been a Navy corpsman attached to a Marine unit? I think that is what the registry info is trying to convey.

According to the muster reports, he was a passenger on the LST 529 from April to May 1944. On May 12, 1944, he was transferred to the US Navy Advanced Amphibious Base, Plymouth, England. He was a Hospital Apprentice 1st class. On June 6, 1944, he was transferred from USNAAB to LST-381 for duty.

The LST 381 was operating around Italy. It became a USCG manned ship on 23 August 1943. Then in December 1944, it was turned over to the British Navy.

beerdragon54

Thanks a lot for the info. Pretty darn cool in my opinion. I just looked up the ship and read some crew reports on what they did on d day. That LST was involved in 4 landings.

January 1945 he was at the Field Medical School, Medical Battalion, Camp Lejeune, NC. In July 1945, he was at Camp Pendleton, CA.