E.W. Stone Theatre Copy Knife / Possible Maker Named

Trinity

Frank Trzaska

Contact jr. Make sure he uses repro, etc you guys are so out of touch. Wise up

Now who is lashing out and attacking who? I was merely making an observation, the elephant in the room so to speak, that many were thinking. I guess I made that A-hole list from the tone of that response. Unlike the other two I don’t believe an apology is required for stating an observation that you had previously agreed to selling. So in response to your deflection maneuver here goes…

"Contact jr."

I did, directly on the phone right after the OP’s post went up.

"Make sure he uses repro, etc"

Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn’t it seems.

"you guys are so out of touch"

I think I am well informed and “in touch”. Seeing many of these reproductions sold as real, from many different sellers, just from the ads on this thread alone is very enlightening. As you know this has been going on for years, they have been reproduced back in the 1980’s from what I can remember, maybe even before that. This is not new. Who is doing it and the methods they are using is what is really important here.

"Wise up"

Wisdom is a life long exercise in gathering it.

Has the whole world been duped including you and I? Ever seen a WW II vintage photo of one in wear or in use? Surely someone would have been proud of their new toy and shown it off in a photo right? I will admit lack of evidence such as a photo is not proof, you can not prove a negative, but an interesting thought.

Can aluminum or steel be analyzed or dated without destructive methods being applied? Perhaps there should be an inexpensive standard test for anything “Theatre” made, knives, jewelry, ashtrays, belt buckles, etc. Would certainly save a lot of headaches not to mention time & money.

A very interesting discussion for sure!

All the best

Frank Trzaska

OK well I will bite... The ad above is listed in the antique/militaria section of that site and listed as a WW II EW Stone Theatre knife. I did not see the words reproduction or new or EDMF in there anywhere, did I miss it?

Just asking a question, not throwing any "stones" so to speak. I don't want to be put on the A-hole list although I have been accused of that quite a few times!

All the best

Frank Trzaska

Well - now that is an interesting take that I hadn't considered. If the Stone EDMF knives were fake, as was stated several posts above, and Cromwell apparently sold one, what is Cromwell's beef throughout this thread?

I may have made the list!!

Im going to jump in the fire and see if Ive deciphered this riddle. It appears from Cromwell's posts, and others from this thread and another I read from 2012 that the accusation is Dale Sanders with EDMF and E.W. Jr. have been pumping out copies of Stone Srs Knives for sometime now. Was this to make $$? To somehow devalue Stone knives? Is this what Cromwell is stating through very vague and deflective posts? Thoughts?

Hope I dont get suspended for speaking up.

Best,

Chuck

oldradiostuff

Im going to jump in the fire and see if Ive deciphered this riddle. It appears from Cromwell's posts, and others from this thread and another I read from 2012 that the accusation is Dale Sanders with EDMF and E.W. Jr. have been pumping out copies of Stone Srs Knives for sometime now. Was this to make $$? To somehow devalue Stone knives? Is this what Cromwell is stating through very vague and deflective posts? Thoughts?

Hope I dont get suspended for speaking up.

Best,

Chuck

This is how I've been reading the thread also, Chuck. Although I think the other possibility is that someone is forging the Certificates of Authenticity with EW Jr.'s name on them, but the allegation I'm getting out of the posts is that EW Jr. is involved in producing the reproductions.

Then we're thrown for a loop with Cromwell pointing out a reproduction knife she sold that wasn't listed as a reproduction, and I'm left scratching my head at the whole mess.