Original Unissued M1 Helmet Liners?

thatrandomguy

thatrandomguy

Hi all,

I recently acquired more or less an unissued M1 Helmet liner and for the most part I love it. But considering the price I payed, I wonder to myself if it's too good to be true and the liner has seen some tampering. I don't get too many unissued liners that often so I was wondering if people can see what I have and see if the liner has reproduction parts. I bought another unissued liner about months ago from the same seller as well and I'm also unsure if that's original or not as well. It cost me the same as the one I just got.

Here's the liner and what's included: Here's the leather liner strap:

post-241844-0-29820000-1563516471_thumb.jpg post-241844-0-16776400-1563516000_thumb.jpg post-241844-0-30848100-1563516753_thumb.jpg

thatrandomguy

2nd Liner's leather strap ink mark:

post-241844-0-98740900-1563517639_thumb.jpg

2nd Liner's leather strap buckle:

post-241844-0-62423000-1563517678_thumb.jpg

Westinghouse mark:

post-241844-0-96871200-1563517754_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately because my account is new I am limited to a certain amount of posts for the day. I will continue to add more when my restriction is removed.

I would say that these are ok. It isn’t like they are very rare. Hayes had a freaking truckload full of brand new unissued Liners back about 20 years ago. I bout about a dozen from him. Still have some of them. Yours look fine to me.

Ronnie

thatrandomguy

I would say that these are ok. It isnt like they are very rare. Hayes had a freaking truckload full of brand new unissued Liners back about 20 years ago. I bout about a dozen from him. Still have some of them. Yours look fine to me.

Ronnie

Thats good to hear. Definitely sounds like a fun time 20 years ago, as a younger collector I can only imagine what people would find.

The H on the chinstrap looks somewhat small compared to what I have seen in the past? Otherwise the liner, sweatband all look fine to me.. Nice set...

There were still small stacks of unissued WWII helmet liners at surplus stores into the 1980's in my area. I found one surplus store that even had significant quantities of unissued nape straps and liners. No chinstraps though.