Tanker, 3d AD

Joe55

Hello everyone!

Just finished this Young Miniatures bust of an American tanker in 1/10 scale. I used an airbrush to spray on the base coats for the clothing and helmet. It really helped to speed the whole process up, but more importantly to define shadows and highlights. Anyway, hope you all like the way he turned out, and pardon the usual crappy cell phone pics.

Joe

post-120035-0-72993700-1563497826.jpgpost-120035-0-11637600-1563497853_thumb.jpg

Really looks great, cloth really looks like cloth and fabulous face features great job

Thank you Sir! I reckon it means I pulled it off :)! Just wish my pics were better.

Joe

Hey Joe: Out-Standing! Tremendous work. He looks great, he has a war weathered face, his tanker leather helmet looks fantastic and his clothing, cigar and equipment looks real. I gotta give you 2 thumbs up.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hey Joe: Out-Standing! Tremendous work. He looks great, he has a war weathered face, his tanker leather helmet looks fantastic and his clothing, cigar and equipment looks real. I gotta give you 2 thumbs up.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hi Manny, it helps tremendously to have good references and artifacts on hand. Thank you for your comments.

Joe

Amazing looks like you took a real guy and cut him in half

Thank you sir! When busts started to become more and more popular among sculptors and figure painters, I admittedly had a hard time warming up to them. Now I have several in my cabinet. They are actually pretty fun to paint up.

Proud Kraut

Incredible Spearhead tanker. This one looks unreal real! Did you take some pictures of the painting process?

• 3 weeks later...