Question about time period of a new pair of shoulder boards/straps

Capt.Confederacy

Capt.Confederacy

Here's a pair of officer shoulder boards I recently acquired. They look like they've got some age to them, but I was wondering if anyone would know roughly when this type was used. These are from Gemsco.

Thanks in advance.

post-286-0-39468100-1563462238_thumb.jpg

post-286-0-62773500-1563462249_thumb.jpg

The little connectors between the two bars usually point to post-WW2. Also the thread-embroidered inner border. I would guess '50s or '60s, but those things are hard to narrow down.

• 2 months later...

These are a pair of Major's bullion shoulder boards that I found this weekend at an antique mall for a few bucks. Made by GEMSCO, they have the same hallmarks on the back as the ones originally posted above. However, these have a bullion inner border instead of thread embroidered. I assume these are WW2 era? Is the red/maroon color indicate artillery?

post-154340-0-34356700-1571091968.jpg

The colored inner border is for branches that have two colors. Branches with a single color (infantry, artillery, armor, quartermaster) have an inner border edge the same as the outer edge.

Red is the artillery color. Usually it is more scarlet red. These are post-WW2, I'd guess 1950s-60s like the ones above.

The colored inner border is for branches that have two colors. Branches with a single color (infantry, artillery, armor, quartermaster) have an inner border edge the same as the outer edge.

Red is the artillery color. Usually it is more scarlet red. These are post-WW2, I'd guess 1950s-60s like the ones above.

Thanks Justin for the response and clarification!